Register on-line as a Volunteer with AYSO at http://www.eayso.org
(All referees, 12 years of age and older, must be registered as volunteers.)
See step by step process outlined in this document: Volunteer
Adults (18 and older) complete the AYSO Safe Haven course.
Safe Haven is required child and volunteer protection training. The Concussion training is found within the Safe Haven section at http://www.aysotraining.org/. You will need your eayso ID to register. See info: Safe Haven/Concussion
Complete the Basic Referee Course (8 hours of training. Some courses are online + in person, some are in person only). You will need to pass a written test, achieving a score of 75% or better. If your course requires the Basic Referee Online Companion, see info: Referee Course
Basic Referee Course
DATE: Saturday, June 13, 9AM to 5PM Add to:
LOCATION: 14742 Newport Ave., Suite 101, Tustin, CA 92780
ROSTER NUMBER: 201501643
1. All students should register for the class at www.eayso.org under the roster number above. Class size is limited. Students must attend all day - lunch will be provided.
2. BEFORE 6/11/15, all students must complete the Online Safe Haven (if over 18 years old) and Concussion Awareness training (all available at www.aysotraining.org ). Please print and bring your certificates for verification.
3. If you are not a registered volunteer, please see Step 1 above.
4. Cost for students from outside AYSO Area 11Q is $35.
5. E-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.
Be sure to coordinate your attendance with our Regional Referee Administrator as Region 96 will pay your registration fee(s).
Need a little help or are you preparing for an assessment to upgrade your badge? Request a mentor to help you. The Area Q Referee Mentor program is where you can obtain some feedback on your game in an informal mentoring session.
It's simple to request a mentor. When you reserve your game in Matchtrak, just click the radio button which says "Request a Mentor". This will email our mentor crew and they will sign up for the game in Matchtrak as well. You can do this for either CR or AR positions - wherever you feel you need some help.
Obtaining a mentor session where you are the CR can fulfill all or part of your training requirements for any incentive programs.
Links to various training materials.
We get a lot of questions on this rule - view this short clip to learn more!
Managing the Sidelines - Ask, Tell, Dismiss