Register on-line as a Volunteer with AYSO at http://www.eayso.org
(All referees, 12 years of age and older, must be registered as volunteers.)
See step by step process outlined in this document: Volunteer
Adults (18 and older) complete the AYSO Safe Haven course.
Safe Haven is required child and volunteer protection training. The Concussion training is found within the Safe Haven section at http://www.aysotraining.org/. You will need your eayso ID to register. See info: Safe Haven/Concussion
Complete the Basic Referee Course (8 hours of training. Some courses are online + in person, some are in person only). You will need to pass a written test, achieving a score of 75% or better. If your course requires the Basic Referee Online Companion, see info: See info: Referee Course
Basic Referee Course with Online Companion
DATE: Day 1 - Online; Day 2 - In Person - Thursday January 8, 5:30PM - 9:30PM (dinner provided)
**Class starts promptly, please arrive early for check in**
COURSE PREREQUISITE: Basic Referee Online Training Course, Safe Haven Training Course (adults) and Concussion Awareness Course
LOCATION: Trinity Presbyterian Church, 13922 Prospect Ave. Santa Ana, CA 92705 -- ROOM 503 - upstairs (Fellowship Hall - 2 story building closest to elementary school)
ROSTER NUMBER: 201405900
1. BEFORE 1/6/15, all students must complete the Basic Referee Online Training Course, Online Safe Haven (over 18 years old) and Concussion Awareness training (all available at www.aysotraining.org ). This classroom session is the second part to the online class. Please print and bring your certificates for verification.
2. All students should register for the class at www.eayso.org under the roster number above. Class size is limited, registration closes 1/5/15.
3. If you are not a registered volunteer, please follow the steps at the top of the page to register, print and sign TWO copies of your registration form and bring them to class.
4. Cost for students from outside Area Q is $35.
5. Contact Rick Barker (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Basic Referee Course
DATE: TBD - check back or look on eayso.org for training in other regions.
Be sure to coordinate your attendance with our Regional Referee Administrator as Region 96 will pay your registration fee(s).
Links to various training materials.
We get a lot of questions on this rule - view this short clip to learn more!
Managing the Sidelines - Ask, Tell, Dismiss